PeekDBF Version History
I wrote the original version of PeekDBF because I got tired
of maintaining text-based databases to use with Awk programs.
I wanted the convenience of using database management
With PeekDBF I could use lines like this
peekdbf -c peter.dbf
| sort -dbf -t, -k 4,4 -k 1,1 -k 2,2
| awk -f rating.awk > rating.ps
to extract a comma-delimited text file that could be piped through
and an Awk program. (The Awk program produced a PostScript page description
Of course, as soon as I got PeekDBF working, I no longer needed it.
- Version 1.2 Linux (September 1999)
- A Linux version compiled on RedHat Linux 6.0.
This is compiled from the same source code as the Windows version,
except for the removal of one compiler specific function, getch().
If you download and use the Linux version, please send me some feedback.
- Added the PeekDBF User's Manual
- Version 1.2 (May 1999)
- (I don't know what happened to 1.1.)
- Support for Visual FoxPro table files
(.dbc, .dbf, .frx, .lbx, .mnx, .pjx, .scx, .vcx)
- View and convert binary fields (eg Memo, Currency, DateTime)
- 32-bit application
- Improved HTML table layout
- Minor code improvements
- Version 1.0
- Added -h option to convert a dbf to an HTML table.
Memo fields were still not handled correctly.
- First Version
- Memo fields were not handled correctly.